YOUTH ACTION COUNCIL
Youth Options Shasta has partnered with the City of Redding to establish Youth Action Council.
Provides Youth Action Council (YAC) for youth ages 13-19. Primary goal of council is to give a voice to teens in Redding. This will be achieved in various ways including:
- YAC elects a representative to speak at city council meetings.
- Learn how local government operates and how to get involved.
- Participants have opportunity to tour various local facilities.
- Learn of careers that are available through the city.
- Employment opportunities may be offered to YAC participants.
- Opportunity to help plan and facilitate events that help raise awareness of YAC and other local concerns.
|Eligibility:||Open to youth ages 13-19|
|Languages:||American Sign Language, English|
|Application Process:||Call to schedule|
|Payment methods:||No fee|
|Documents Required:||Call for details|
|Volunteering:||Volunteer opportunities are available.
Volunteer duties: Call for details